The RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness is a comfortable, lightweight harness that’s great for everyday walks, hikes, and runs. The harness has two leash attachment points, one on the back and one on the chest. It’s available in a variety of colors and sizes, so you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your dog.
Overall, customers are very happy with the RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness. They love how comfortable it is for their dogs and appreciate the two leash attachment points. Lots of reviewers also mention how well-made and durable the harness is, which is great for dogs that are rough on their gear.
Our Score for the RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness
In This Article
About the RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness
RUFFWEAR makes products that are designed with the outdoors in mind, and the RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness is no exception. The harness is made from durable materials that can withstand all sorts of outdoor adventures, yet it’s still lightweight and comfortable for your dog to wear.
Key features of this well-designed harness include a padded chest and belly for comfort and four points of adjustability for a customizable fit. The harness also features two leash attachment points – one on the chest and one on the back – for added control. And for safety, there’s a bright, reflective trim that helps improve visibility in low-light conditions.
This harness is available in a variety of sizes to fit any dog, from small to large. And because it’s so easy to put on and take off, it’s perfect for everyday walks as well as longer hikes or outings. So, if you’re looking for a comfortable, durable, and stylish harness for your dog, the RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness is an excellent choice.
The RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness has a number of important features that set it apart from similar products:
- Durable, yet lightweight construction
- 2 leash attachment points help prevent pulling and provide control
- Padded chest and belly panels for superior comfort
- Reinforced chest webbing stands up to pulling
- Tough plastic buckles and a sturdy aluminum V-ring
- Reflective trim for improved visibility in low-light conditions
- ID pocket for storing your dog’s tags
- Available in several colors and sizes
What We Like
There’s a lot to like about the RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness.
- Comfortable, lightweight design. Your four-legged friend won’t be weighed down by this harness. It’s made from breathable mesh fabric that’s comfortable for your dog to wear, and the padded chest and belly panels distribute weight evenly to prevent chafing.
- Dual leash attachment points. This harness has one leash attachment point on the back and one on the chest. This provides more control when walking or running, and it can also help to train your dog not to pull.
- Reflective trim. The reflective trim on this harness is an important safety feature that makes it easier for drivers to see your dog in low-light conditions.
- ID pocket. The ID pocket is a handy place to store your dog’s tags, so you don’t have to worry about them getting lost on your adventures.
- Reinforced chest webbing. The webbing on the chest is reinforced to withstand pulling and provide additional control.
What We Don’t Like
Like most harnesses, there are a few potential downsides to be aware of when considering the RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness:
- Only the top leash attachment point is made from aluminum. We love the sturdy aluminum V-ring on the back of this harness, but we wish the chest attachment point was made from the same material. Instead, it’s made from reinforced webbing, which may not be as durable.
- Can be difficult to adjust. The plastic buckles on this harness can be a bit tricky to adjust, as they tend to become hidden behind the fabric when you’re trying to loosen or tighten the straps. This isn’t a huge issue, but it’s something to be aware of.
- No back handle. The addition of a back handle would make it easier to lift your dog into the car or over obstacles, but unfortunately, this harness doesn’t have one.
- More expensive than some harnesses. The RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness is definitely on the pricier side, but it’s also one of the most well-made and stylish harnesses on the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Overall, customers who like the RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness think it’s an excellent product that’s well worth the money. Many people appreciate the dual leash attachment points and lightweight design, and most say the harness is easy to put on and take off.
“Very well made product. Secure. Strong. Lightweight. Seems as if our Goldendoodle likes it much better than the previous harness. Even though it is lighter weight it feels more secure. We recommend this brand and this harness.” – David LaDue, Amazon, 8/28/22
“While waiting for my puppy to finish growing, I purchased a lot of cheaper harnesses that I really ended up not liking for various reasons but tolerated, holding out for this one on my wishlist. Definitely worth the higher price tag! It’s very sturdy and feels well-made, keeping its shape when he pulls on the leash (or I need to quickly extract him from a situation). Fully adjustable at neck and belly with two adjusters in either side and buckles that clip easily. It doesn’t jam up in his armpits and cause chafing/matting while also sitting comfortably on his deep chest. The front loop is just super stiff canvas material instead of metal as some reviewers have noted and I am unsure how it would hold up to a larger/stronger dog, but I am only using the back clip. I also like that the clip sits a little further back than other harnesses, which like to put the clip right at the neck where a collar would sit. Overall very happy with my purchase and would consider Ruffwear a quality brand.” – Emily, Amazon, 4/27/22
The most common complaints about the RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness are related to sizing, fit, and durability (particularly the front clip). A few people also think the harness is too expensive.
“I was so excited about this harness, but I am returning it. The size is correct, but it still is not a good fit – it bunches up too much on the back. It is also very heavy and my puppy did not like it at all. I’ll keep on searching for the perfect harness. I gave it a 2 because I think it was a well made harness.” – Penni, Amazon, 3/17/22
“I really loved the look and fit of this harness, but unfortunately it’s not as durable as I had hoped. I bought it specifically because it has a front clip option and I’m in the process of training my dog not to pull. As you can see from the pictures, the front clip has not held up after only two months of use. My dog is around 35 pounds so he’s medium-sized and not super strong, although he does pull on occasion when he sees something that excites him. For $40, I would’ve expected better quality. I wish the front clip were made of metal similar to the back clip; it probably would’ve lasted longer if this were the case.” – Stephanie, Amazon, 11/8/21
The RUFFWEAR Front Range Dog Harness is a high-quality, stylish, and comfortable harness that’s sure to last for years of adventures with your canine companion. Although it’s not the cheapest option on the market, we think it’s well worth the money. However, if you plan to use the front clip with a large or strong dog, you may want to consider a different harness.
- The best step-in dog harness
- The best dog lift harness
- The best no-pull dog harness
- The best harnesses for huskies
- The best front clip dog harnesses
- The best puppy harnesses
- The best dog car harnesses
- The Best Service Dog Harness
And our individual harness reviews:
- The Ruffwear Webmaster Dog Harness review
- The Icefang Tactical Dog Harness review
- The Gooby Dog Harness (escape free sport) review
- The Ruffwear front-range dog harness review
- The Rabbitgoo Escape Proof Dog Harness review
And our breed-specific harness guides: